The “Antichità Santa Giulia” gallery acquired its name from the beautiful, evocative monastery located just in front of it, now the city museum of Brescia. Alberto Borelli opened this shop forty-eight years ago, following a long-held passion, which he transmitted onto his entire family. Together with the assistance of his son Luca, he eagerly searches for pieces of furniture, paintings and items of high epoch with particular attention to sculptures from the 13th to the 16th centuries. Further to this, bronze objects and Renaissance caskets, “genre” paintings, furniture from Tuscany, Umbria, Lombardy and the Veneto regions from the 15th to the 18th centuries: these objects are shown in our gallery, but also at the most prestigious art and antiques fairs.
Provenance: Milano, Palazzo Parravicini (now Palazzo Trivulzio) 1771 - 1722 Giovanni Antonio Parravicini (banker). Bibliography: "Giacinto Brandi 1621-1691. Reasoned catalogue of the works" by Guendalina Serafinelli, 2015 Umberto Allemandi Editore, Torino Vol. 1 Tav. XVIII – Vol. II pagg. 139, 140, 143.